"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have,


but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.", ~Frederick Keonig


Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My Dad lost 8 pounds in ONE WEEK thanks to Super Foods!

Who says 26 year olds can’t move back home? Not only did I move home for the summer, but I brought my Dog, my two cats, and my husband with me! My Dad thought that the herd of animals and their endless release of hair all over his house was the number one hurdle involved in us living with him, little did he realize he was about to undergo a food revolution (and become a new subject in my blog- he obviously has not released permission for today's feature).

James and I arrived last Sunday: we stocked the house with a scale, LOADS of super foods, and tossed the unhealthy foods that no one should feed their body!


SEE YA LATA LEAN CUISINE!!

Welcome to the hood beans, rice, nuts & organic pasta!!

We've been waiting for your fresh fruit & veggies!

Below is what my Dad ate last week:

Breakfast: Super Start breakfast & Green tea

Snack 1: Carrots & 1 slice of cranberry pumpkin bread & 1 orange

Lunch: Peanut butter & Jelly on 100% whole wheat bread, all natural peanut butter & homemade strawberry jelly & an apple

Snack 2: 1 cup of non-fat greek yogurt with ½ cup of blueberry, raspberry, strawberry mix

Dinner: Pizza, Sweet & Super Chicken, cheerful veggie burgers & sides of spinach & broccoli


Sweet & Super chicken beats Lean Cuisine anyday!

The first day I packed his lunch, he said: “WHOLLY COW, I can NEVER eat ALL that!” And he didn’t….for most of the week, his apple & orange returned in his lunch box. However, he did manage to eat his apple nearing the end of the week (he also managed to sneak in some bud lights and popcorn!)


This is the sauce mix for the Sweet & Super Chicken.  This meal fed me, James, my sister, my brother & my Dad for 2 nights (our grochery budget is still below $130/week for 5 adults-Planing and portion control PREVAIL!!!!)

Most of the week he complained about his yogurt stating: “it tastes like CRAP!!”But, he still ate the yogurt. Interestingly, on Friday, he called me from work to tell me: “hey, my yogurt tastes pretty good today!”

On Friday morning, he weighed in 8 pounds LESS than he did on the previous Sunday! He asked me: “jeezum, is this normal?” I explained that some of his weight loss is fat and most of the weight loss is water loss. Why? Because James and I buy 100% natural foods; we avoid processed foods at all costs which means the sodium content in our diet is significantly low. Sodium causes water retention and all kinds of other nasty health consequences that NO ONE’S body really wants!

We are moving full fledge into week two. My Dad is on board and my brother and sister are traveling slightly behind….

My sister Karrie loved the sweet & super chicken! My 16 year old brother Sean's statement: "What is this (pointing to the pinneapple)?"  "YUCK! I don't like cooked fruit in my food!" He refused to allow the cameras to capture him during his dining experience...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comments here: