"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have,


but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.", ~Frederick Keonig


Sunday, July 11, 2010

My 14 year old sister "digs" super foods!



Mission accomplished: my 14 year old little sister Karrie is OFFICALLY on board with the SuperFood eating plan! Last week, James cooked “Super Suey: our new most delicious super food recipe to date! My sister reluctantly tried the meal and said: “WOW! This is delicious!”


The next day, she planned to leave for the entire day and she asked me: “hey sis, will you pack me snacks, lunch, and dinner?” Of course, I said: “CHA!!”



I packed her the following lunch:

9 o’clock snack: plum

Lunch: peanut butter & blueberry jelly sandwich on 100% whole grain bread & 1 apple

3 o’clock snack: 1 cup of carrots with home-made guacamole

Dinner: 1 serving of Super Suey & 1.5 cups steamed broccoli

Drink: water

I showed her the lunch and explained the times she should eat each food. I explained that you need to feed your body small meals throughout the day to maintain your blood sugar and energy. Our bodies are most efficient when we provide them a steady supply of super nutrients!

At the end of the day, she stated that she ate her foods as instructed; she loved all of the food with the exception of the guacamole, she said: “that was WAY too spicy for carrots, Kelley!”

Why do I care so much that my 14 year old sister eats super foods? Because I love her, and when you love someone you want the very best for them.

Click here to print Super Suey!

Click here to print Super Sassy Salsa (you will need this recipe for the suey)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comments here: