"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have,


but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.", ~Frederick Keonig


Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Who put the yogurt in my tuna melt?




How many ways can you incorporate yogurt in your diet without eating it “straight?” With a little creativity, you would be surprised to find that yogurt is a flexible player on the super foods team! James DESPISES yogurt: the texture sickens him, the smell repulses him, and the sight makes him want to throw up! But, when we sneak yogurt into daily common foods, his animosity dissipates! Cheerleaders, can I get a “RAH, RAH”!

Last week, we hosted a little science project with our tuna fish. Now, I am not going to lie, we “experiment” with super foods all the time. Many experiments do not end up in the blog posts because quite frankly they just plain FAIL! But, the experiment to substitute yogurt for mayo in our tuna melts was a complete SUCCESS! Not only did James and I love the yogurt and tuna, but my Brother, my Sister, and my Dad loved the concoction.

We prepare a 3 day supply to save time throughout the week


We didn’t exactly tell the entire truth when we served the tuna melt “pilot” project to the family until after they ate them entirely and shared their compliments with chef James. If you want to share a little “white lie” with your family, substitute plain, non-fat Greek yogurt and a splash of ranch seasoning for mayo in your tuna sandwiches and I guarantee no one will ever find you out!


The proof is in the half eaten sandwich

For the complete tuna melt recipe (we like to stuff some veggies in our melts), click here: Live Super Cultures Tuna Melt



1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a good recipe for changing up mayo for something more healthy! I am not exactly a lover of yogurt, but I will definitely have to try this out! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comments here: