"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have,


but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.", ~Frederick Keonig


Saturday, April 24, 2010

Strout's Tri-Training BLOOPERS!


James and I registered to complete our first Triathlon in March. For the past five weeks, we have started training so that we can FINISH the race successfully on May 22, 2010! Our weekly training routines are always an adventure, we’ve experienced some expected and….unexpected moments! What did we expect to occur during training?

 Improve Physical & Mental endurance

 Challenge Strout Exercise routine Status Quo

 Risk taking

What did we not expect?

 James to CRY LIKE A BABY!!

On the ride home from our first training session at the pool, James complained of “burning eyes.” He looked at me and if eyes could bleed, I am telling you, his would have squirted all over me! I knew right away we had a little situation on our hands. I said, “cry, flush out the chlorine… come on…you have to CRY! Think of something sad, let the tears flow ….” We both started laughing, and the tears flooded down like rain! Ultimately, we learned that although the swimming goggles make you look like a freaky LIZARD, if you want to keep your eyes in your socket, of if you want to see for the rest of your life…you NEED the goggles!



 Me to experience temporary insanity!

Apparently, tri training fiercely improved my concentration, or caused me to officially lose my mind! Last week, I completed a bricking workout [two workouts back to back]. I rode my bike from our apartment to the back-bay. I found a nice little tree to wrap my bike lock around; I diligently looped my bike lock in between my front tire, and I proceeded to jump on the bay path and run.

I felt sooo proud. I thought, “damn, I just rode my bike and now I am running” this is pretty sweet. For some reason, my ear phones from my iPod kept popping out of my ear. I thought, “jeeze Louise, I need some new ear phones…and they are not in the budget.” I kept popping them back in my ear. After about the fifth situation [and about a mile down the path], I gently grazed my hand up to my ear to reposition the earphone, and I felt something weird on the side of my face…and then….I realized what had occurred, I WAS RUNNING WITH MY BIKE HELMET ON MY HEAD!!!



I BURST into hysterical laughter!! A man was running slightly behind me, I turned around with tears rolling down my face, and I said to him (as if we were best friends), “I FORGOT TO TAKE OFF MY HELMET” HAHAHHA….and he looked at me like I was completely and utterly INSANE!

I guess that the Tri registration from should come with a warning: MAY CAUSE UNCONTROLLABLE TEARS, TEMPORARY INSANITY, and LAUGHING

1 comment:

  1. Um, this is probably the funniest thing I have ever read. My only real regret in life is to not have been able to watch you run down the road with a helmet on.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comments here: