"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have,


but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.", ~Frederick Keonig


Saturday, June 19, 2010

Patience pays $$, LITERALLY!!



Did you ever wonder why patience is a virtue? Did you ever think that patience would pay? Since James and I began to practice gazelle intense financial management to achieve our DEBT free goal, we both have to practice patience with purchasing items we really want (not need, want).

                                   "He that can have patience, can have what he will" Benjamin Franklin


I will share the best thing that happened to me from practicing patience this week! I continuously check out three "Super food" books from the library. I checked out and renewed the books for the greater part of the last year. I need to purchase the books, but they are too expensive for me right now.

James and I dropped some clothes off at GoodWill. I said: "let's go look around GoodWill!" We went inside and right in the front of the store is a bin of books. I walked over and started sorting through the books, and I said: "hey James, wouldn’t it be crazy if I found one of my Super Foods books here?"
                             
                                                    "All good things come to those who waits" Proverb

Literally immediately after the words rolled off my tongue James placed my favorite of the three Super Foods book in my hand!!! I am not joking! We looked at each other and laughed, and I wanted to cry!

The best part: when we checked out, the bin of books where we found my Super Foods book was the 50% off clearance box! Final cost for my book: $1.50 (now that fits my budget)!!

"The keys to patience are acceptance and faith.  Accept things as they are, and look realistically at the world around you. Have faith in yourself and the direction you have chosen."  Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comments here: