"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have,


but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.", ~Frederick Keonig


Thursday, June 17, 2010

15 Voices of Wisdom for Marital Bliss!



Over the past week, James and I liquidated our apartment in preparation for our big move. Throughout the packing and organizing process, I found boxes of memories I saved from James and my wedding. Tucked away in one of my file folders, I discovered 15 small post-it notes with words of wisdom from experienced married couples who attended my Aroostook country bridal shower.


James and I celebrated our two year Anniversary on Monday! Two years into the marriage, I am happy to read the advice offered to me during the “pre-marital” phase because I realized that wise women attended my bridal shower; I included their happy marriage wisdom below:



1. Take one day a week for “date” night with your husband

2. Tell him you love him

3. Cook something good (I am really slacking in this category!!)

4. Don’t hold things in, always communicate (Talking is my specialty, just ask James)

5. Be true to yourself

6. Keep the curtains closed

7. Even though you know that you are right, be smart and make him think he is right

8. Don’t start our married life waiting on James; better yet get him to wait on you! (A+ on this one)

9. Pinch each other’s butts in public…and laugh about it (do it at home, too!)

10. (5 votes) Don’t go to bed mad

11. You have so many moments on earth. Every time you use a moment to worry or be angry, you lose a moment to be joyful


Marital bliss is easy when you marry your best friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comments here: