"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have,


but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.", ~Frederick Keonig


Thursday, August 5, 2010

Lasagna that makes your cell membranes SMILE!!



Italian is my favorite cuisine! In fact, before James and I buckled down on our finances, I am certain that I should have bought stock in Olive Garden.


Luckily for my little cell membranes and my pocket book I have said “GOOD BYE” to Olive Garden and HELLO to home-made Italian food stuffed with super foods.


Ta-da- beautiful masterpiece (no I am not talking about my hair)



My “Live longer” Lasagna is completely vegetarian and contains 10 SUPER FOODS! I substitute lasagna noodles for spaghetti squash, meat for black beans, and I add a little yogurt to spice up the party (I mean, who doesn’t want to throw in some active cultures at any given opportunity?)


Sketti squash seperates like sketti and tastes DELICIOUS!

This recipe is tested and proved by our friends: males and females and our family. Actually, this recipe is my sister’s all- time favorite!
I prefer to add veggies to the cheese mixture to improve texture

Ready to build the lasagna masterpiece!



How can you go wrong with a pound of spinach in your lasagna?  Or how can you go wrong with a sweet hair do like this?
To turn your cell membranes frown upside-down, click here to print the recipe: Live Longer Lasagna

Do you have unhealthy recipes that you want “super food-ified?” I create all my recipes by researching unhealthy recipes and substituting ingredients. I don’t believe in diets, and I certainly do not believe that people should sacrifice foods they love. With a little TLC and creativity, you can health-ify ANY recipe. Send your favorite “unhealthy” recipes to: Optimistic Reflections and I will work my magic and post the updated healthy creation to my blog! I am looking forward to the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comments here: